Assistant Professor / Department of Statistics
Areas of Interest/Research
Various aspects of causal inference, design and analysis of observational studies, and applications of statistics to health sciences, social sciences and public policy.
- Karmakar, B. and D. S. Small (13 May 2020). Inference for a test-negative case-control study with added controls. [arxiv] [paper and supplement] [code] (Inferential tool for TNDWAC design recently suggested for understanding various risk factors of COVID-19)
- New Researcher Travel Award from Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 2020.
- 2019 Ph.D., The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
- 2013 Master of Statistics, with distinction, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India.
- 2011 Bachelor in Statistics (Honors), with distinction, Indian Statistical Institute
Phone: (352) 273-2994
Office: 226 Griffin Floyd Hall
Upcoming Invited Talks
- 2020 Annual Meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada. Ottawa, Ontario, May 31, 2020 to June 3, 2020. (CANCELLED)
- EcoSta 2020 Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea, 20-22 July 2020. (CANCELLED)
- INFORMS 2020, National Harbor, MD, November 8-11, 2020.
- CMStatistics 2020, King’s College London, UK, 19-21 December 2020.
20202021, May 20-23, 2021. (Tentative)