The logic seminar meets roughly weekly during the fall and spring semesters. Our usual meeting time is 4:05pm on Tuesdays, in LIT 368, unless otherwise announced.
For current speakers and dates, [click here].
- August 27th: Jindrich Zapletal (UF) Descriptive graph theory.
- September 5th: Dana Bartosova (UF) Phase spaces of universal minimal dynamical systems of discrete groups and beyond.
- September 10th: Doug Cenzer (UF) Computation using the Gray code.
- September 24th: Ethan McCarthy (UF) Point-Turing degree spectra.
- October 1st: Thomas Winckler (UF) Using a weak axiom of choice to prove a theorem in real analysis.
- October 15th: John Hester (UF) Combining formal systems for automated theorem proving.
- October 22nd: Yuxin Zhou (UF) (ZF+DC) Existence of the Hamel Basis implies ω Γ-coloring.
- November 5th: Jack H. Lutz (Iowa State) Passing Hilbert’s Final Test.
- November 19th: Doug Cenzer (UF) The Rate of Randomness Extraction via Turing Functionals.
- December 3rd: Lauren Wickman (UF) Using Model Theory to Compute the Universal Minimal Flows of Certain Automorphism Groups.
- January 8th: Paul Larson (Miami) Universally measurable sets.
- January 31st: Dana Bartosova (UF) Projective Fraïssé limits.
- February 5th & 12th: Yuxin Zhou (UF) The pseudoarc and projective Fraïssé limits (parts 1 & 2).
- February 19th: Natasha Dobrinen (DU) Ramsey theory on the Henson graphs.
- February 26th: Ethan McCarthy (UF) Strict Demuth randomness and jump domination.
- March 12th: Dana Bartosova (UF) Ramsey properties for Boolean algebras with ideals.
- March 19th: Jindrich Zapletal (UF) Transcendence bases and the axiom of choice.
- April 2nd: Doug Cenzer (UF) Generically computable equivalence structures and isomorphisms.
- April 15th: Ethan McCarthy (UF) The point-wise complexity of the derivative of a real-valued function.
- April 23rd: John Hester (UF) Formalizing Metatheorems.