Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed)
- Adams, P. N., R. S. Anderson and J. Revenaugh, 2002, Microseismic Measurement of Wave Energy Delivery to a Rocky Coast, Geology, v. 30, no. 10, p. 895-898.
- Adams, P. N., R. L. Slingerland, and N. D. Smith, 2004, Variations in Natural Levee Morphology in Anastomosed Channel Floodplain Complexes, Geomorphology, v. 61, no.1-2, p. 127-142.
- Adams, P. N., C. D. Storlazzi and R. S. Anderson, 2005, Nearshore Wave-Induced Cyclical Strain of Sea Cliffs: A Possible Fatigue Mechanism, Journal of Geophysical Research – Earth Surface, v.110, No. F2.
- Adams, P. N., P. Ruggiero, G. C. Schoch, and G. Gelfenbaum, 2007, Intertidal Sand Body Migration Along a Megatidal Coast, Kachemak Bay, Alaska, Journal of Geophysical Research – Earth Surface, v.112, No. F2.
- Adams, P. N., D. L. Inman, and N. Graham, 2008, Southern California Deep-Water Wave Climate: Characterization and Application to Coastal Processes, Journal of Coastal Research, v. 24, no. 4, p. 1022-1035.
- Adams, P. N., N. D. Opdyke, and J. M. Jaeger, 2010, Isostatic Uplift Driven By Karstification and Sea Level Oscillation: Modeling Landscape Evolution In North Florida, Geology, v. 38, no. 6, p. 531-534. doi: 10.1130/G30592.1
- Young, A. P., P. N. Adams, W. C. O’Reilly, R. E. Flick, and R. T. Guza, 2011, Coastal cliff ground motions from local ocean swell and infragravity waves in southern California, Journal of Geophysical Research – Oceans, v.116, C09007. doi:10.1029/2011JC007175
- Adams, P. N., D. L. Inman, and J. L. Lovering, 2011, Effects of Climate Change and Wave Direction on Hotspots of Coastal Erosion in Southern California, Climatic Change, v. 109, Suppl. 1, pp. S211-S228. doi:10.1007/s10584-011-0317-0
- Pendleton, L., P. King, C. Mohn, D.G. Webster, R.K. Vaughn, and P.N. Adams, 2011, Estimating The Potential Economic Impacts Of Climate Change On Southern California Beaches, Climatic Change, v. 109, Suppl. 1, pp. S277–S298. doi:10.1007/s10584-011-0309-0
- Silliman, B. R., J. van de Koppel, M. W. McCoy, J. Diller, G. Kasozi, K. Earl, P. N. Adams, and Andrew R. Zimmerman, 2012, Degradation and resilience in Louisiana salt marshes after the BP–Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, v. 109, no. 28, p. 11234–11239, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1204922109
- Young, A. P., R. T. Guza, P. N. Adams, W. C. O’Reilly, and R. E. Flick, 2012, Cross-shore decay of cliff top ground motions driven by local ocean swell and infragravity waves, Journal of Geophysical Research – Oceans, Vol. 117, C06029, doi: 10.1029/2012JC007908
- Limber, P. W., A. B. Murray, P. N. Adams, and E. B. Goldstein, 2014, Unraveling The Dynamics That Scale Cross-Shore Headland Relief On Rocky Coastlines, Part 1: Model development, Journal of Geophysical Research – Earth Surface, DOI: 10.1002/2013JF002950
- Kline, S. W. g, P. N. Adams, and P. W. Limber, 2014, The Unsteady Nature of Sea Cliff Retreat Due to Mechanical Abrasion, Failure, and Comminution Feedbacks, Geomorphology, DOI: 10.1016/j.geomorph.2014.03.037
- Barnard, P. L., M. van Ormondt, L. Erikson, J. Eshleman, C. Hapke, P. Ruggiero, P. N. Adams, and A. Foxgrover, 2014, Development of the Coastal Storm Modeling System (CoSMoS) for predicting the impact of storms on high-energy, active-margin coasts, Natural Hazards, DOI: 10.1007/s11069-014-1236-y
- Johnson, J. M., L. J. Moore, K. Ells, A. B. Murray, P. N. Adams, R. A. MacKenzie III g, and J. M. Jaeger, 2014, Recent Shifts in Coastline Change and Shoreline Stabilization Linked to Storm Climate Change, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, DOI: 10.1002/esp.3650
- Wilson, K. E. g, P. N. Adams, C. J. Hapke, E. E. Lentz, and O. Brenner, 2015, Application of a Bayesian Network to Forecast Barrier Island Morphodynamics, Coastal Engineering, DOI: 10.1016/j.coastaleng.2015.04.006
- Adams, P. N., K. Malone Keough g, and M. Olabarrieta, 2016, Beach Morphodynamics Influenced by an Ebb-Tidal Delta on the North Florida Atlantic Coast, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, v. 41, pp. 936-950, DOI: 10.1002/esp.3877
- Limber, P., P. N. Adams, and A. B. Murray, 2017, Modeling large-scale shoreline change caused by complex bathymetry in low-angle wave climates, Marine Geology, v. 383, pp. 55-64, DOI: 10.1016/j.margeo.2016.11.006
Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed) – in press
Woo, H. B. g, M. Panning, P. N. Adams, and A. Dutton, Karst-Driven Flexural Isostasy in North Central Florida, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, in press as of 6-10-2017, manuscript #: 2017 GC006934.
Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed) – in review
Adams, P. N., submitted 06-23-2016, Geomorphic Origin of Merritt Island-Cape Canaveral: A Paleodelta of the Reversed St. Johns River?, Geology, manuscript number: G39455
Internal Documents – Field Guides, Equipment Protocols, Software Manuals, etc.
Lovering, J. L., and P. N. Adams, 2012, WetSed User Manual, University of Florida.