Fiona Mc Laughlin
Professor of Linguistics & African Languages
I have a joint appointment between the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures and the Department of Linguistics. I am an affiliate faculty member of the Center for African Studies and the Center for Global Islamic Studies, and I am also a research affiliate of the Sahel Research Group.
Areas of Interest/Research.
- Sociolinguistics of urban Africa
- Multilingualism and language contact
- Phonology and morphology of Atlantic languages
- Language and Islam in Africa
- PhD in Linguistics, University of Texas at Austin
Phone: (352) 392-4829
Office: 305 Pugh Hall
Office Mailing Address
4131 Turlington Hall
PO Box 115454
Gainesville, FL 32611-5454