My research focuses on the second language acquisition of Spanish, with a particular interest in phonetics/phonology, study abroad, and technology. I also have worked in the areas of teacher training and classroom learning.
Click here to access my cv in pdf format.
Below are links to selections of my recently published work.
- Language Program Direction: From Theory to Practice. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. 2013.
- Lord, G. & Isabelli, C. (2014). “Program Articulation and Management.” In M. Lacorte (Ed.), The Handbook of Hispanic Applied Linguistics. London: Routledge.
- Lord, G. & Fionda, M. I. (2014). “Teaching Pronunciation in Second Language Spanish.” In K. Geeslin (Ed.), Handbook of Spanish Second Language Acquisition (514-529). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons.
- Lord, G. & Lomicka, L. (2013). “Twitter as a Tool to Promote Community Among Language Teachers.” Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE).
- Lord, G. & Harrington, S. (2013). “Online Communities of Practice and Second Language Phonological Acquisition.” International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching 3:3 (xx-xx).
- Lomicka, L. & Lord, G. (2012). “A tale of tweets: Analyzing Microblogging among Language Learners.” System 40:1 (48-63).
- Lomicka, L. & Lord, G. (2010). “Podcasting — Past, Present and Future: Applications of Academic Podcasting In and Out of the Language Classroom.” In M’hammed Abdous and Betty Rose Facer (Eds.), Podcasting – Past, Present and Future: Applications of Academic Podcasting In and Out of the Language Classroom. IGI Global.
- Lord, G. (2010). “The combined effects of instruction and immersion on second language pronunciation.” Foreign Language Annals,43:4 (488-503).
- Lord, G. (2009). “Second language awareness and development during study abroad: A case study.” Hispania 92:1 (136-150).
- Lord, G. (2008). “Second language acquisition and first language phonological modification.” Selected Proceedings of the 10th Hispanic Linguistics Symposium, eds. Joyce Bruhn de Garavito and Elena Valenzuela, pp. 184-193. Sommerville, MA: Cascadilla.
- Lomicka, L. Lord, G. (2008). “Co-Authoring: What every department should know.” ADFL Bulletin 39:2 (49-55). 2008. Reprinted in MLA Profession 2008 (202-213).
- “Podcasting communities and second language pronunciation.” Foreign Language Annals 41:2 (364-379). 2008.
- Lord, G. & Lomicka, L. (2008). “Blended learning in teacher education: An investigation of classroom community across media.” Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education 8:2 (158-174).
- Lord, G. (2007). “The role of the lexicon in learning second language stress patterns.” Applied Language Learning 17:1-2 (1-14).