Kreppel, Amie. The European Parliament and the Supranational Party System: A Study of Institutional Development. Cambridge University Press (Studies in Comparative Politics) 2002.
Peer-reviewed articles & book chapters
22. Kreppel, Amie. “The normalization of the European Union” Journal of European Public Policy, Vol.19 No.5, pp. 635-645, 2012.
21. Kreppel, Amie. “Looking ‘Up,’ ‘Down,’ and ‘Sideways’ – Understanding EU Institutions in Context” West European Politics, Vol 34, No. 1, 2011.
20. Kreppel, Amie. “Executive-Legislative Relations and Legislative Agenda Setting in Italy: From Leggine to Decreti and Deleghe” Bulletin of Italian Politics, Vol.1, No. 2, 2009.
19. Kreppel, Amie. “Le implicazioni politiche delle riforme istituzionali: le relazioni tra esecutivo e legislativo nell’Unione Europea (The political implications of institutional reform: executive-legislative relations in the European Union)” Rivista Italiana di Scienza Politica, Vol. 38, No. 3, 2009.
18. Kreppel, Amie “Legislatures” Chapter 7 in Comparative Politics, Daniele Caramani (Ed.), Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. Revised for Second Edition, 2011.
17. Kreppel, Amie. “Understanding the European Parliament from a Federalist Perspective: The Legislatures of the USA and EU Compared” in Martin Schain and Anand Menon (Eds.) Comparative Federalism: The European Union and the United States, Oxford University Press, 2006.
16. Kreppel, Amie. “The Environmental Determinants of Legislative Structure: A Comparison of the US House of Representatives and the European Parliament” In Nichol Rae and Timothy Power Exporting Congress, University of Pittsburgh Press, 2006.
15. Kreppel, Amie. “Moving in the Other Direction? The Impact of Domestic Party System Change on Italian MEPs.” Journal of European Public Policy, Vol. 11, No. 6: 975-999, 2004.
14. Kreppel, Amie. “Necessary but not Sufficient: Understanding the Impact of Treaty Reform on the Develop-ment of the European Parliament” Journal of European Public Policy, Vol. 10, No. 6:884-911, 2003.
13. Hix, Simon, Amie Kreppel and Abdul Noury “The Party System in the European Parliament: Collusive or Competitive?” Journal of Common Market Studies Vol. 41, No. 2: 309-331, 2003.
12. Kreppel, Amie and Simon Hix “From ‘Grand Coalition’ to Left-Right Confrontation: Explaining the Shifting Structure of Party Competition in the EP.” Comparative Political Studies, Vol. 36 No 1-2: 75-96, 2003.
11. Kreppel, Amie. “Moving Beyond Procedure: An Empirical Analysis of European Parliament Legislative Influence.” Comparative Political Studies, Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 784-813, 2002.
10. Craig, Stephen, Amie Kreppel and James Kane. “Public Opinion and Direct Democracy: A Case Study” in Matthew Mendelsohn and Andrew Parkin (eds.) The Impact of Referendums on Liberal Democratic Institutions: A Comparative Perspective, London: Macmillan, 2001.
9. Conley, Richard S. and Amie Kreppel “Toward a New Typology of Vetoes and Overrides” Political Research Quarterly, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 831-852, 2001
8. G. Tsebelis, C. Jensen, A. Kalandrakis and A. Kreppel “Legislative Procedures in the European Union: An Empirical Analysis.” British Journal of Political Science, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 573-599, 2001
7. Kreppel, Amie. “The European Union: Past, Present and Future” chapter 7 in Great Decisions 2001 edition. New York: The Foreign Policy Association, 2001.
Reprinted as “European Integration: Past, Present and Future” in: GLOBAL STUDIES: Europe, 7th Edition, Part II, Chapter 1. Edited by E. Gene Frankland, Mcgraw-Hill Press, July 2001.
6. Kreppel, Amie. “Rules, Ideology and Coalition Formation in the European Parliament: Past Present and Future.” European Union Politics, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 340-362, 2000.
5. Kreppel, Amie. “What Affects the European Parliament’s Legislative Influence? An Analysis of the Success of EP Amendments” Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 37, No.3, pp. 521-38, 1999.
4. Kreppel, Amie and George Tsebelis. “Coalition Formation in the European Parliament” Comparative Political Studies, Vol. 32, No. 8, pp. 933-66, 1999.
Translated and published as “Koalitionsbildung im Europaeischen Parlament.” in Thomas Koenig, Elmar Rieger, Hermann Schmitt (Ed.), Europa der Buerger? Mannheimer Jahrbuch fuer Europaeische Sozialforschung, Vol. 3, Campus: New York/Frankfurt a.M. 1998.
3. Tsebelis, George and Amie Kreppel. “The History of Conditional Agenda-Setting in European Institutions.” European Journal of Political Research, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 41-71, 1998.
2. Kreppel, Amie and Vincent Della Sala. “Dancing Without a Lead: Legislative Decrees in Italy” in Mathew Shugart and John Carey (Eds.) By Executive Decree, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
1. Kreppel, Amie. “Impact of Parties on Legislative Output in Italy” European Journal of Political Research, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 327-49, 1997.