As of April 2018, there are 112 contributors from five continents, representing Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and all corners of the United States. Contributors range from an advanced undergraduate to emeriti professors and independent scholars.
If you would like to become a contributor to the Tacitus Encyclopedia, please contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- your institutional affiliation,
- areas of research expertise, and
- interests within the Tacitean corpus (e.g., Tiberian hexad).
Independent scholars and advanced students are welcome to apply.
- Contributors are assigned a portfolio of 4-10 inter-related entries. The bulk of entries are persons and places.
- If you would like to contribute in a language other than English, please contact the editor to discuss arrangements for translation into English.
- Entries assigned after April 1, 2018, will be due ideally by February 1, 2019.
- Contributors receive nominal compensation from the press.
Thank you for your interest.
photograph of Trajan’s Column courtesy of Brenda Stevens.