I do a lot of it, especially on all sorts of enumeration problems, and
things related to permutations.
Ok, so after a lot of procrastinating, it is time to upload all my papers here. This will take a while.
I had them all on my old website, but of course, the university changed the system on us.
See My Latest Papers for my most recent papers, which are not published yet.
- Supercritical sequences, and the nonrationality of most principal permutation classes. European J. Combin. 83 (2020), 103020, 8 pp.
- Stack words and a bound for 3-stack sortable permutations. Discrete Appl. Math. 284 (2020), 602–605.
- (with Elijah DeJonge)
Pattern Avoiding Permutations with a Unique Longest Increasing Subsequence
- (with Boris Pittel) On the cycle structure of the product of random maximal cycles. Sém. Lothar. Combin. 80 (2019), 1–37.
- (with Michael Cory) Cyclic permutations avoiding pairs of patterns of length three. Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. 21 (2019), no. 2, Paper No. 8, 15 pp.
- (with Istvan Mezo) Limiting probabilities for vertices of a given rank in 1-2 trees. Electron. J. Combin. 26 (2019), no. 3, Paper No. 3.41, 19 pp.
- Most principal permutation classes, and t-stack sortable permutations, have nonrational generating functions. Acta Math. Univ. Comenian. (N.S.) 88 (2019), no. 3, 481–487.
- (with Rebecca Smith) Pattern avoidance in permutations and their squares. Discrete Math. 342 (2019), no. 11, 3194–3200.
- (with Bruce Sagan and Marie-Louise Lackner) Longest increasing subsequences and log concavity. Ann. Comb. 21 (2017), no. 4, 535–549.
- (with Boris Pittel) On a random search tree: Asymptotic Enumeration of Vertices by distance from leaves. Adv. in Appl. Probab. 49 (2017), no. 3, 850–876.
On the number of vertices of each rank in phylogenetic trees and their generalizations. Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. 18 (2016), no. 3, Paper No. 7, 7 pp.
- (with Meera Sitharam, Andrew Vince and Meghan Wang) Symmetry in sphere-based assembly configuration spaces. Symmetry 8 (2016), no. 1, Art. 5, 26 pp.
- (with Istvan Mezo) Real zeros and partitions without singleton blocks. European J. Combin. 51 (2016), 500–510.
- (with Cheyne Homberger, Jay Pantone and Vincent Vatter) Pattern avoiding involutions, exact and asymptotic enumeration. Australas. J. Combin. 64 (2016), 88–119.
- A new record for 1324-avoiding permutations. European J. Math, 1 (2015), 1–9.
- A new upper bound for 1324-avoiding permutations. Combin. Probab. Comput. 23 (2014), no. 5, 717–724.
- On a family of conjectures of Joel Lewis on alternating permutations. Graphs Combin. 30 (2014), no. 3, 521–526.
- k-protected vertices in binary search trees Advances in Applied Math, 53 (2014), 1–11.
- (with Andrew Vince) The number of ways to assemble a graph Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 19 (2012), no. 4, Paper 54, 18 pp.
- Surprising symmetries in objects counted by Catalan numbers. Electron. J. Combin. 19 (2012), no. 1, Paper 62, 11 pp.
- Non-overlapping permutation patterns. Pure Math. Appl. (PU.M.A.) 22 (2011), no. 2, 99–105.
- (with Meera Sitharam and Andrew Vince) Enumeration of viral capsid assembly pathways: three orbits under permutation group action. Bull. Math. Biol. 73 (2011), no. 4, 726–753.
- On three different notions of monotone subsequences. Permutation patterns, 89–114, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Ser., 376, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 2010.
- (with Arnold Knopfmacher) On the probability that certain compositions have the same number of parts. Ann. Comb. 14 (2010), no. 3, 291–306.
- The absence of a pattern and the occurrences of another. Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. 12 (2010), no. 2, 89–102.
- (with Philippe Flajolet) Isomorphism and symmetries in random phylogenetic trees. J. Appl. Probab. 46 (2009), no. 4, 1005–1019.
- (with Ryan Flynn) The average number of block interchanges needed to sort a permutation and a recent result of Stanley. Inform. Process. Lett. 109 (2009), no. 16, 927–931.
- On two related questions of Wilf concerning standard Young tableaux. European J. Combin. 30 (2009), no. 5, 1318–1322.
- Real zeros and normal distribution for statistics on Stirling permutations defined by Gessel and Stanley. SIAM J. Discrete Math. 23 (2008/09), no. 1, 401–406.
- Discrete Math. 308 (2008), no. 23, 5782–5788.
- The influence of symmetry on the probability of assembly pathways for icosahedral viral shells. Comput. Math. Methods Med. 9 (2008), no. 3-4, 295–302.
- Generalized descents and normality. Electron. J. Combin. 15 (2008), no. 1, Note 21, 8 pp.